Wow it's been a tad too long since I last posted! I was just looking at my last post and I thought HA! I thought I felt huge then, look at me now!
![]() | ||
| 34 w, 3 days, 150 lbs and 44 1/2" around! Approximately 39 days to go & counting!! |
You may think I sound really desperate to get this baby out of me, and you'd be right, but I am trying my best to cherish these last few weeks before he comes. As anxious as I am, there will be things I'll miss about being pregnant. I'll mostly miss feeling him move around, he's been so gentle and hasn't cracked any ribs or anything (yet) so I've really enjoyed that, it's an amazing feeling! I'll also miss having a nice little shelf for my hands and beverages (lol), that's always fun. And of course, I'm sure I'll miss having a full night's rest, which I've been lucky enough to be able to get most nights throughout this pregnancy.
I'm sure I'll also miss not being able to do as much with Kurtis, but we've been making the most of the time we have now. Since I last posted, Kurtis' work schedule changed, so now we've been able to spend some more time together during nights and weekends, which has been a huge blessing! So we've been going on errands together (shopping for baby stuff), going on dates at least once a week and having all kinds of fun! We also re-arranged our entire apartment last Saturday so that Daren could sleep in the bedroom...
![]() |
| All 12 of his blankets and other toys are currently occupying his cradle until mommy finds a place to put it all...spoiled kid :) |
![]() |
| Our "bedroom" -- one half of the living room |
![]() |
| The couch makes such a nice barrier so it's not so awkward that our bed is there lol |
![]() |
| And there's still room in front of the TV to play kinect -- I'm happy! |
We were a little worried about how it was going to turn out, but to our surprise, we like it way better than how it used to be with our bed in the room. Kurtis particularly likes it this way because now he can play video games in bed! Lol, I must admit, it is pretty sweet because that also means we can also watch movies in bed! :)
So we're pretty much all set! We picked up diapers the other day, we have all the clothes he needs (though he could use some more cute outfits), diaper bag is almost packed, and I am tired! All we need is the stroller and car seat, which we've picked out but haven't purchased yet. Baby boy, you are welcome to come anytime!!





Oh my gosh-- so exciting! He's coming so soon! Your disappointment of measuring right on time made me laugh, those last few weeks seem to drag on forever! But if it's any comfort, I was measuring four weeks behind my due date by the eighth month but she came five days early and was at a totally healthy weight, so maybe he'll wait until his due date (or later) but he could still come early! Good luck with the last few weeks!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you were so far along! Just another 2 weeks hopefully right? Sydney came at 39 weeks, so here is hoping your little guys comes early for you! Rest up and don't worry, the sleep deprivation isn't all that bad. You get to sleep whenever the baby sleeps and they sleep most of the day. Congrats to you two! Can't wait to see pictures of him when he comes!
ReplyDelete