10.21.2013

Smarty Pants

During the past week since I last posted about Daren's milestones, I've been noticing more things he's learning that amaze me or are just interesting/hilarious. I've also realized some things that he's been doing for a while that I forgot to include in the last post.

18 months:
  • Is very helpful with cleaning up after himself (when he feels like it); such as when he spills food or makes messes with toys
  • Started becoming interested in the potty, but really just wants to play with the flusher
19 months:
  • Can zip zippers
  • Can understand most questions we ask and respond appropriately to them
  • Started mimicking our actions more, particularly our eating habits at breakfast. He now eats a bowl of cereal every morning with a little milk and a spoon, and drinks the remaining milk when the cereal is gone. Or if I'm eating oatmeal, he'll want some too and will eat an entire 1/2 cup serving by himself!
  • Became very interested in using the vacuum and mop to help mommy clean the house, I love my little helper!

20 months:
  • Actually says "please" instead of just signing it. He's been able do the sign for "please" since he was about 14 months old and just started vocalizing it the other day.
  • His first color word was "red", and just started saying "blue", "green" and "yellow" (not perfectly, but it does sound similar)!
  • Figured out how to move furniture to climb up to other things he wants to get to, such as in the kitchen
  • Poses/smiles for the camera whenever I whip it out, instead of trying to grab it
  • Covers his mouth when he (or anyone else) sneezes

This isn't much of a "milestone", but a first for the both of us that needed recording. A couple weeks ago, Daren threw up for the first time (you know, other than baby spit up). This happened Saturday morning during General Conference because he was so thirsty that morning and had downed a ton of milk (at least 14 oz within 10 minutes). Luckily almost all of it got on the red shaggy area rug we had in the kitchen and I had been contemplating whether or not to trash it anyway--solved that problem! It was sad seeing my baby throw up though, and I'm glad I took it so well and was able to comfort him rather than wanting to throw up myself. That has always been a fear of mine as a mother--to deal with my kid's throw up, but it wasn't bad and I wasn't that grossed out, whew! It definitely helped that I could just throw away the rug though, instead of having to clean up/deodorize carpet.
I know there are some things I'm still forgetting, but that's going to have to do for now and I'll keep recording more as I remember them!

No comments:

Post a Comment