1.04.2011

HELLO Winter Semester!!

Man, what a day! I realized as I walked home tonight from work that I basically wake up at dawn and come back home at dusk, I have a feeling this semester is going to be absolutely exhausting, but it also has potential to be awesome! Today's facebook status sums it all up: This semester I feel like I could DIE or DOMINATE! It's all about perspective and motivation--I can do it! :) Oh, and I DEFINITELY need the help of my Heavenly Father, husband and friends--I could NOT do it without them! ♥ 


Literally, if I did not have the Lord, my husband and amazing friends to keep me sane, I think I really would go crazy! Or get really sick from all the stress! Lol, I'm not looking for sympathy, it's just a fact. :) I usually don't get that stressed though, if I start to get too stressed I just slack off a bit--and I feel a-OK about it when I do too, because I'd rather not kill myself. Just doing the very best I can is what matters. Life is too short to waste time worrying about being perfect. :)


So I'm not sure how Kurtis' day was yet...I haven't seen him all day! Tuesdays I wake up before he does and by the time I get home he's still at work for another three hours. Woo! I don't really like it, but it sure is that much better when he finally comes home! Being separated sure does make the heart grow fonder!


So far our classes don't seem like they'll be too bad! We both like all of our professors--actually, Kurtis does have one crazy Spanish Lit. professor who's pretty weird! First of all, he talks like a gringo, and second,  he's obsessed with Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and The Twilight Zone! In fact, Kurtis' first assignment in that class is to watch 2 episodes of The Twilight Zone. So it seems this semester is going to be quite interesting! Lol

One more thing I just had to share before I sign off for the night. Kurtis just finished baking some refrigerated cookie dough (Neiman-Marcus Cookies) and made a sundae for himself. As he was constructing it, he had an idea...
A monkey sundae!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment