9.14.2011

18 weeks and counting!


Your fetus has become amazingly mobile
(at least compared to you), passing the hours
yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking,
punching,sucking and swallowing. And, baby's
finally big enough that you'll be able to
feel those movements soon.(thebump.com)

Yup, baby is now the size of a sweet potato. Crazy! It's amazing how fast this is all going and how big this baby already is! Any day now we should start being able to feel the baby kicking, which will be one of the most exciting things for us! I mean, obviously something is in there, but feeling the baby moving will make it so much more real! I think I've felt little tiny movement in the past couple days, but I can't be sure if it was just my imagination or some digestive stuff going on lol.

This past week I dreamed of having a boy and a girl (two separate dreams) and last night Kurtis dreamed of having a girl. The other day I told him it's an old wives' tale that if you dream of having a girl then you'll actually have a boy and vice versa, so he was all excited this morning when he told me he dreamed we had a girl so that meant we're having a boy lol! I don't know, we'll see...in 16 days (August 30th)!

My appetite and cravings have been really random lately too. One day I'll have to eat something every 3 hours or I'll get sick, the next day I can go 5 hours in between meals and other days (like today) I'm not even hungry after breakfast until dinnertime (but I'll eat anyway)! And cravings haven't been super weird, it's just that almost half the time, nothing even sounds good! So when that happens, I just have to think of the best thing out of all that I don't feel like eating, and just eat it for our own good. So I guess you could say I have anti-cravings, lol!

Other than that, I'm getting back into shape--yes I know, I don't think I'm fat, I just need some healthy exercise to get my body loose and muscles ready for this baby to come! So today, I went to an aerobics class in the pool on campus called, "Aqua Body Blast"! It was soo great, I looove exercising in water at this point! So I'll be taking that Mondays and Wednesdays and then Tuesdays and Thursdays is my other favorite--Zumba! I tried Yoga yesterday, but ouch that was killer! So Zumba and pool aerobics it is! :)

And surprise! I haven't found a job, boooo!! I've been following up every week with the places I applied to and I'm slowly finding more places to apply to, but I really don't have many options since we only have our one car which Kurtis uses on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, so that would make it harder for me to work a schedule around. Thus, I need to find a place within walking distance, and all that's around us is medical offices! And there's a high school, a few restaurants, but that's about it. Pray for me please! It has been quite enjoyable though, just basking in my graduate state and doing whatever I want when I want, but now it's starting to get old. I've been sewing, facebooking, watching movies...and that's about it. I think I'll start practicing piano more and learn Spanish in the meantime...*sigh*

Kurtis is all set in his classes this semester, and he's enjoying them--I think. Even when I ask him about his classes he doesn't have much to say about them. I guess he's wanting to start on more diagnostic type classes where he can solve case studies and figure out the disease based on the symptoms, he loves that! And he loves lab work, he's now working in the lab 6 hours a week for class credit and another 6 hours for $$! Starting this week, he'll be getting paid  $10/hr doing that, woo hoo!! I guess he doesn't really have homework either, he'll usually just come home and eat, play video games or read, then go to bed. What an exciting life we lead! It was so funny the other day, he finished the last book in a series and he said, "Now I don't know what to do!" I said, "Looks like you need another hobby other than playing video games and reading," and he said, "There is nothing else!" Haha, ohh how I love him...for some weird reason. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment