9.30.2011

Little Miracles!

After two months of job searching and anxiously waiting to know what the gender of our baby is, these past couple days have been full of the blessings we've been waiting for--and it was worth the wait! :)

Miracle #1: I GOT A JOB!!! I've been lucky enough to get a few interviews for jobs this past month, but one in particular I ended up really wanting at a place called Myler Disability, where my good friend, Kristin Redford works (bless her for referring me!). I had the interview last Thursday and they said they'd call me the next day to tell me if I got the job. Well, they never called. Each day that passed without hearing from them (even with me trying to call them and getting no answer) I got more and more hopeless, but they finally called back yesterday and offered me the job! We couldn't be happier, this is the kind of job we've been praying for and I actually got it! I'll be working M-F 8-5 at $9/hr (starting) and I'll be helping clients with their disability insurance. Basically, if they get turned down by Social Security, they come to us and we get them they benefits they deserve. The biggest miracle about this is I'll eventually get benefits so we won't have to pay $800/month (+$400/semester for Kurtis) through BYU anymore! HALLELUJAH!!!

Miracle #2: Today finally came! We went in for baby's first ultrasound today and found out the gender!! But instead of making you read more, just scroll down and see for yourself. :)

Face...
Arms...

Legs...
Toesies...
There it is!




Funny story about that last pic: After the sonographer checked out the heart, brain and everything to make sure baby was developing well, she asked if we'd like to know the gender and of course we were like YES! So she went to look and he had his legs closed so tight that we couldn't see anything! So she looked at some other things for a while and came back to look, but then he had his hands in between his legs! Finally he moved and there it was, clear as day! So it turns out our little man is a shy guy. :)

I might have told some of you, I was really hoping for a girl, simply because I think girls make awesome oldest siblings (ya know, personal experience lol). So yesterday I was kind of scared I'd be disappointed if it was a boy, but I totally wasn't of course--I started crying! I'm still a little shocked that it's a boy because I haven't experienced a boy being the oldest, so I guess this will be a whole new experience entirely (and I'm sure that's an understatement)! Kurtis of course is very excited, he didn't ever have a preference, so he would have been ecstatic either way just knowing haha. It's so cute to see how giddy he gets about the baby; hearing his heartbeat, seeing him on the ultrasound, when I tell him I think I felt him kick (but he hasn't felt it yet)...everything. I wish I could get a picture of my handsome giddy husband sometime and capture that joy; he is going to be such a happy (and wonderful) daddy!

Oh, and for all those curious minds out there...we are telling people what we're naming our little man. His name will be Daren James, after his late grandfather. :)

This weeks' update from thebump.com:  
Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe! Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Haha, I love these things... Anyway, moral of the story: good things--even miracles--come to those who wait! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That is so exciting and I'm soo happy for you and Kurtis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...those pictures are great! Second of all, you are going to love having a boy! They are so cute and fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete