6.30.2010

Blood! Right der!!



If you don't know what I'm quoting in the title of this post, check out the video above. So cute!
Just in case you were wondering what this has to do with anything, I'll tell you. I donated blood last friday and I still have a huge bruise that doesn't show any sign of fading...


I know I'm probably making a big deal out of this but I just thought it was cool because I have never got a bruise so big before! This donation was the hardest one so far for me; in the past I haven't had any problems, I usually fill up the bag in 5 minutes, so when the nurse told me he needed to rotate the needle to get a better blood flow I was like "what?!" Then the more he moved it, the more it pinched me and then I started getting lightheaded and I just wanted to get out of there! As most of you know, I cringe even at the sight of a needle entering skin, so for this small complication to happen it was hard for me to bear! Anyways, a few minutes later they were able to get all the blood they needed and I was outta there! This won't stop me from donating though, not this time...

Other than that, there's not much going on right now. Summer classes started last monday, so we've both been so busy with work and school there's hardly been time for anything else. I have a grand total of eight classes this semester; 2 of them need to be done in 16 days, and the rest are all 2 or 0.5 credit classes that I had to sign up for to get a full 6 credits for financial aid. So I'm taking Food Preparation, Doctrine & Covenants (Sections 77-138), Voice, Piano, Weight Training and Health & Wellness. They may sound like easy classes, but in this short semester (7 weeks) there's a lot to do! I don't know how I'm going to do it all! The only way I can is with the help of the Lord. :)

Kurtis is taking two classes this semester; Physics and Spanish Phonetics and Pronunciation! Whoa! They're both super hard classes, I think he spent at least 5 hours just doing Physics homework on Monday! I'm glad he's the science buff because I could not do that! So that's our life right now, working hard (and trying to enjoy the summer while we can)!

No comments:

Post a Comment