Spent most of the day writing away, trying to finish yet another essay for my persuasive english class and then spent the evening working at the restaurant. Tonight was crazy! I was not expecting 5 tables at once! I was the only server, and I felt so bad because I was running around doing everything I could and yet I was still falling short. I had three tables come up to ask where their drinks were or that no one had taken their order yet. Luckily, everything worked out alright and I still made out with $35 in tips ($9/hr!). Whew!
So THEN I found out that Dave was the manager who I'd be closing with and that made me nervous. (By "closing with", I mean a manager has to come in at the end of the night to count the till and give approval for the employees to leave after the cleaning has been done). I had never closed with him before, but I've heard all about him--he's the strictest and most thorough manager there, my co-workers complain about him all the time. They say he always makes them wipe little smudges they missed on a table or nit-picky things like that. So I was determined to get the place cleaned so well that we wouldn't have anything to say about it. Mwahahaha!!
At the end of the night, Dave came to check my work and guess what?? He didn't make me do anything over! Besides a couple of minor things that I had forgotten about, the only thing he said was "I've never seen that [floor] mat so clean!" He didn't say much else to me before I left, but Nina (the cook) and I left together and she told me that he said I'm the best! (He must've told her in Spanish). My reply was "YESSS!" and then, "my mom taught me well!" :) Thank you mom, for teaching me how to clean well! Even when I hated doing it at times, and for all the jokes I made about you being a "neat freak", it's paid off! I value thorough cleaning much more now that I'm older! And to my other wonderful mom, Teresa; thank you for teaching your son how to clean! Although he isn't always very tidy, he really does a good job when I ask him to! :) I LOVE MY MOMS!
No comments:
Post a Comment