Lol that's all I could think of for a clever title... "manly ties" as in the tie Kurtis wore today; pink and brown--his tie from Geoy & Cindy's wedding. Lol, it really is a nice tie, I'm just making fun. And he usually wears it to match me, not out of his own free will. Lol! I'm just kidding...
So on this wonderful Sabbath day, we had a great testimony meeting...no nonsense; no have pity on me testimonies, no I'm just going to stand here and talk about my life for 20 minutes, no this isn't really a testimony testimony, nothing ridiculous, which was nice. And I just realized, we better treasure this no-nonsense kind of testimony meeting while we can, no offense to family wards, but they seem to have the weirdest testimony meetings ever, even worse than the YSA testimony meetings I've been in! In other words, we're grateful for our awesome ward! Kurtis bore his testimony today, which was short (he was the last one at the last minute) and definitely sweet. He simply bore testimony that Jesus is the Christ in a way so simple yet so profound that it was hard for me to hold back tears (actually I didn't even try to hold them back, it's very rare for me to even be able to hold back tears once I get going). It was the perfect ending to a very spiritual testimony meeting!
Later in the evening we had our downstairs neighbors over for dinner and we made chicken pot pie from scratch (crust and all), mmmm! This was our 2nd attempt at making it and it turned out much better than last time!
Take a gander at this goodness!
I made the filling but I left the pastry culinary skills to Kurtis--isn't it beautiful? :)
Later we discovered that our neighbors have Disney Scene It so I jumped at the chance to play (especially since pretty much all we had been talking about was books, which I don't mind, but I don't read that much so I can't really converse about books that I've never read...). We spent two hours playing with me far in the lead the whole time, then once I got to the final cut everyone else was able to catch up and randomly Tom--who was in last place the whole time, literally only on the 2nd space for more than half the game--finally won! I was kind of glad that I wouldn't have won so easily though... :)
Aahhh, how I love Sundays...
No comments:
Post a Comment