Today was my first day being able to earn tips as a server!! It was a lot of fun being able to talk and be personable with the people I served. And for a Saturday afternoon only working from 12-3:30 it was bi-zay! Loved it!! It was a bit stressful, especially keeping in mind that I had to serve them the best I could--for their own satisfaction and so I could get more tips! That sounds a little bad; being extra helpful and nice just to get more money, but that's basically all I get paid! I found out from my co-worker today that we actually get paid $2.15 an hour + tips, and THEN if we don't get up to minimum wage with tips, they pay us the difference so we'll get the full $7.25/hr. That kind of made me mad (especially since all the owner told me in my interview was that we get paid minimum wage and didn't tell me the details) because I thought I would be getting paid minimum wage AND tips! Anyways, later I realized this might not be too bad. I did the math: I made $30 in cash tips + $22 in card tips + (2.15x3) and divided it out. Guess how much? $19 an hour!!! At least today I have no reason to complain! :)
After work I quickly biked down to the bakery to help out (we opened our 2nd store in American Fork today so my manager thought it would be busy), but it really wasn't that busy so I got to leave an hour later. The last hour I'll have to work there in a while--YES! That's exciting! I guess I just needed a change, I'm sure I'll get sick of the restaurant after a while too. We'll see... So after work, Kurtis and I headed off to our ward BBQ (YUM!) It was up at a beautiful park just up the hill from the temple, and it was such a beautiful day to have it. The burgers were AMAZING (complete with bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, a bit of mayo, and tons of ketchup for me lol) and so was the rest of the food and desserts. Ooh, and I found my new favorite kind of chip! Balsamic Sweet Onion! Mmmm, yummy... So it was an awesoeme day for a BBQ and we love our ward so we had a lot of fun with them too.
We stayed at the park until it got dark and it started getting really cold. Then when we got home we watched "The Pagemaster". Remember that movie? It was one of my favorites as a kid!! We don't own it, but one of the mentally handicapped guys Kurtis works with brought it over and left it so we took advantage of having it for a bit. :) Anyways, the movie was great, and suprisingly not cheesy! I'd really like to buy it for our future kids so they can enjoy it too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment