For some ridiculous reason, I can't seem to get out of bed any earlier than 9...actually, more like...9:30 AM! Sure it feels good while I'm sleeping, but as soon as I roll over and see what time it is, I'm like, CRAP! Not again! Kurtis has class at 9 every morning and gets up by 8 at the latest. So last night, I asked Kurtis to get me out of bed (nicely--not pulling me or nudging me annoyingly) no later than 8. So morning comes, Kurt's alarm goes off, and he nicely (thank you) snuggles over to me to get me up. Unfortunately, our bed is so comfy (thank you mom & Dave!) that we just fell back asleep in no time and didn't wake up until ten minutes before Kurtis had to be in class! That got us up quick! So I drove him up to campus and finally started my morning (it was about time!) Didn't get to do much though, read Elder Scott's talk from this last conference (SO GOOD!) while I had breakfast and then it was off to work to open the restaurant at 10:30.
4 hours later...
So I'm riding home from work on my bike, and decide to change the front gear to the highest setting and the back gear to the lowest (Kurtis said I would go faster that way). So I'm working my back gear down to 1 and as soon as I hit 1, I hear my gears grind and the bike stops! The back gear not only de-railed but the device that switches the gears in the back is totally snapped and bent into my spoke! Great...who knows how much money that'll take to fix that hunk of junk! Get home, Kurtis looks at it and says I'll need a new bike. REALLY?! SWEET!! My bike has served me well for the past decade, but I was about ready for a new one anyway. It's gotten to be pretty rusted and desperately needed a tune-up, so it would have cost as much to fix as it would to get a new bike. So I'm pretty excited about that because Kurtis wouldn't go for buying me a new bike before this little incident. I might have suffered for a small moment (when I had to walk the rest of the way home after the bike got screwed up), but now I realize the rewards! (see D&C 121:6). :)
Kurtis and I both had work at 6, but we really wanted to get together with Grandma & Grandpa Pueblo before they left town. So for "linner" we ate out at Brick Oven with them and Great-Grandma Clara. YUM!! We had so much fun talking (and trying to decide which pizzas we wanted--we had to tell the waitress to come back twice!), and we found out that Kurtis and Grandpa have a similar sense of humor! I thought Kurtis' witty jokes were just a Speer thing, but it seems as though Pueblo's and Speer's have that in common! Thank you again Grandma & Grandpa for treating us to linner! WE LOVE YOU!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment